25 May 2013

MAARTEN ALTENA OCTET "TEL" (CLAXON, 1982)



Finally I found the place where I had "hidden" the recordings of Maarten van Regteren Altena.
Prior doing some re-ups I thought of sharing one which wasn't on Inconstant Soll before.



MAARTEN ALTENA OCTET  "TEL"


Maarten Altena, bass & cello
Lindsay Cooper, bassoon, sopranino saxophone
Maartje ten Horn, violin
Guus Jansen, piano
Maud Sauer, oboe & alto oboe
Paul Termos, alto saxophone
Kenny Wheeler, trumpet
Wolter Wierbos, trombone

1. Tel                5:23
2. Improvisations     6:15
3. Pukkel             8:01
4. Johan Van Wely     5:35
5. Rottum             6:04
6. Beertje            4:20
7. C-Melody           5:26

All compositions by Maarten Altena.

Recorded October 8 & 10, 1982 at De Ijsbreker, Amsterdam and 't Hoogt, Utrecht, Netherlands.

CLAXON 83.12

[Note: in the text-file included in the download I wrote soprano but it is sopranino!)

.

17 comments:

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wightdj said...

I lost this one in a drive crash last year.Thanks.

Wallofsound said...

Many thanks

apf said...

Thank you!

doghouse said...

Thank you - much appreciated

jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jim said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

yes! this one is a great addition to the previous posts with Altena's music and i'm glad you find a hidden place with his recordings!))
thanks much, onxidlib!

Igor

br1tag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
br1tag said...

I correct my mistake in the previous post: Thank you. Now I would like to find the album Cities & Streets by Maarten Altena.

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

More Altena on its way...

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
correct silence said...

I wonder seriously how many people listen carefully to the music they pick-up here, it is the second Altena where I find a problem and it seems that I'm the only one to have noticed it, this time track 6 and 7 are the same and comparing the duration it is the track 7 who is missing.

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

You're right - I've added twice "Beertje" to my previous upload.
Now it should be complete....

1fichier

correct silence said...

Of course Ernst my angry words were not against you. How many people have dowloaded this album and absolutely nobody have noticed that, music that is accessible for free means more and more music that have no value. Some people should consider seriously why they come here.

francisco santos said...

BIG THX!...

rev.b said...

WOW, thank you cs.