25 February 2007

sunny murray/ khan jamal-change of the century 1987 re up


















here at last
re up of master modern percussionist sunny murray.
ive always suspected this cd was unauthorized to begin with. its co credited to khan jamal and 'romulus' who is listed as conductor.anyone have any info on romulus? perhaps its butch morris who seemed to be ubiquitous ,at that stage in his career.
PLEASE BUY ANY SUNNY MURRAY CD'S YOU CAN FIND.THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT RICH
THEY ARE BARELY MAKING A LIVING.
besides which theres no free medical treatment in the US so if youre on welfare,(foodstamps,rental assistance) and you fall seriously ill unless others can offer assistance, basically youre well and truly S.C.R.E.W.E.D.

james over at nothing is, has posted other great sunny murray albums including unit cores, and the essential 'big chief' for the details scroll down to the scan of the full image which includes the back cover.
please once youve clicked on dont use the PTP option it has been disabled!!

LINK TROLLED!

12 comments:

mikey said...

Probably Romulus Franceschini

Anonymous said...

FINALLY, a post of this which actually works!!!!! Thank you. This had been rattling around in "abused" form for weeks.

Danny said...

Hi Thank you for this beautiful web page! I just learned about this cd. Grachan Moncur is one of my favorite arists and cd he appears on are few and far between. With Kah's vibes and Murrays drums this must be magic. Any chance of a repost? - Thanks -Danny

trabukko.59 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
correct silence said...

This album is available on the regular digital providers

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

Removed the link. Alas - I've could not find it anywhere. Where is it available?

trabukko.59 said...

I'm sorry, but I thought it wasn't available...

trabukko.59 said...

It is available here:
https://music.apple.com/gb/album/change-of-century-orchestra/312279982

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

Thank you for the pointer trabukko.59. It seems it is also available at iTunes. But - as far as I know - it means that it's available in lossless format only (correct me if I'm wrong).
I've no soft spot for A or I at all. But at least it is available.
Cheers
BTW - me too has already missed reissues of music posted at Inconstant Sol.

trabukko.59 said...

I don't have any Apple Music or Itunes subscriptions... The albums available are exclusively in digital format with Lossless ALAC files... At least I think so.
Greetings

correct silence said...

Long time ago I bought few music on Itunes and it was provided on m4A,it is the MP3 version of apple, equivalent of mp3/256.
I don't think that they provide lossless nowadays.

trabukko.59 said...

From what I understand, by asking around, it should work like this: on Apple Music exclusively lossless material, on Itunes, a platform aimed above all at portable devices, even lossy files. Greetings